Monday 29 October 2018

STAR RANGERS (1975) Rare Filipino English Dub HD Reconstruction


Greetings fellow Super Sentai/Power Rangers fans. Yes, you've read the header correctly. I have found the absolutely rare, once lost Filipino English dub of the original Sentai show HIMITSU SENTAI GORANGER, released in the Philippines as STAR RANGERS.

Not only that, but I also took the liberty of doing an HD reconstruction of the English episodes! I acquired the English version from a collector who was kind enough to burn the VHS onto a DVD+R and mail it to me. It was pretty evident that the original VHS was very, VERY OLD as some episodes were nearly unwatchable due to the terrible, aged quality of the VHS. Fortunately, the audio was spared, for the most part.

But now all can enjoy the English dub in glorious HD! It wasn't much of a hassle since only 10 episodes survived. Naturally, I used the Japanese Blu-ray as a source.

MAJOR THANKS to SkeletonHug for providing & mailing the dub for me. I am eternally grateful! MAJOR THANKS to Orends: Range for providing uncompressed MKV rips of the Japanese Blu-ray with & without English subtitles. This HD reconstruction of the Filipino English dub would not have been possible without your contributions. Thank you!

You can either stream or download the episodes below from Internet Archive, enjoy!

Episode 01:
https://archive.org/details/goranger-hd-english-dub-episode-01

5 comments:

  1. By any chance do you have the 1971 kamen rider Philippine english dub or the dubs for return of ultraman and ultraman taro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gotara, I'm Jerome Villanueva from the Philippines. I'm a die-hard collector and fan of super robbots. I have read your blog and I would like to contact SkeletonHug too. Can I get his email, Facebook or contact details? He might have recorded other Philippine English-dubbed mecha anime shows broadcasted in 1978-1979. The following titles are: Mekanda Robot, Daimos, Mazinger Z, UFO Grendizer, Voltes V, Balatack, Jeeg the Steel Robot, Danguard Ace, Striker Force, Starzinger and Getta Robot. Hope you can email me at jpbookworld@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's his youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/SkeletonHug/featured that's all I could find I'm afraid.

      I hope the OP gets back to you man.

      Delete
  3. Upload the files again at another site

    ReplyDelete